Tips to Repair your Air ConditionerMarch 3, 2021
An optimal temperature in the home has a direct impact on the comfort of our home, which is why it is very necessary to have facilities that ensure energy efficiency, including a properly functioning air conditioning and heating system. If not, in this article we offer you a series of tips to repair your air conditioning.
There are many types of air conditioning for different demands and needs, there are those that produce both cold and heat (reversible), that can be moved (mobile split), that air-condition a single room (fixed split) or an entire home (multisplit), There are also cheaper ones, but it is more profitable to acquire a highly energy efficient air conditioner with a heat pump that helps us save energy and money every month.
All these air conditioners have something in common, and that is that at some point they can break down or suffer a problem.
Air Conditioning Problems and Repairs
The problems that an air conditioner can have are diverse, the most common are those that we comment on below, as well as their possible solutions.
1. The air conditioner no longer performs as optimally as it was originally.
- It is important that the air conditioning system has a minimum maintenance of its filters so that it can function efficiently over time.
- These filters are responsible for purifying the air that is taken from outside the room both to heat it and to cool it down.
- These filters need to be cleaned frequently (about once a year).
2. The air conditioner has a bad smell when it is turned on
The common reasons for this event are two:
- The interior coil of the air conditioning system has a water condensation. This problem is not surprising if the air conditioning is only used in summer, its lack of use can generate humidity, even generate mold. This problem is not solved by cleaning the filters, but the battery itself.
- The bad smell may come from the air conditioning drain. This case usually happens due to the lack of a siphon in the system, its correct installation will solve the problem.
In both cases it is advisable to contact a specialist to solve the problem, the battery is very difficult to clean, and it is possible that the drain problem is more complicated than it seems at first glance.
In this case you can contact an air conditioning repair company in Newcastle or any other point in Australia, finding a professional who will advise you correctly can avoid many problems that will affect the installation in the long run.
3. The air conditioner expels a lot or little water
All air conditioners expel water when they are working properly. As a general rule, you do not have to worry about it expelling too much or too little water, because the amount is due to the humidity in the room.
But you must be especially careful when you never expel water, this may mean that there is practically no humidity in the environment, but it may also be that there is some obstruction that prevents the water from leaving.
If the water is expelled but splashes into the system, it is possible that there is also some type of blockage or problem in the installation of the air conditioning.
4. The air conditioner makes excessive noise
This can occur both in the indoor and outdoor equipment, the main causes are two, its lack of gas or oil in the compressor. The most practical solution in both cases is usually to purchase new air conditioning equipment.
The noise can also be due to problems with the cleaning and care of the filters, and in the case of the external equipment it can be external problems, such as leaves, branches … that extrude the air ducts.
5. The air conditioning does not work well, it does not cool or heat.
This case is very varied, they can be due to a multitude of problems that require different solutions, lack of refrigerant, the compressor does not start …
In this case, due to the wide variety of alternatives, it is best to contact a professional in the sector who will help you repair the air conditioning. You can also refer to our troubleshooting page for more info.
It is clear that the most important thing that can be done at the user level is proper maintenance in the cleaning of the equipment and especially in the filters. Each team is different; the important thing is to keep the manufacturer’s instructions.
You may also like to read: Hot Water Systems: Types of hot water supply